Kindly Click Here, TQVM.

Monday 17 March 2014

TALK behind my back!

Assalamualaikum 


Hi everyone, hope we all doing just fine, Alhamdulillah.
Don't forget to pray for their safety of Passenger/Pilot/Crew MH370 and comeback to us safely.. Hopefully they are at peace and safety wherever they are..♥


Recently (but I won’t say how recently, to protect 'the innocent'), I found myself in that awkward situation of overhearing someone talking about me. In this case, they were critiquing something I had done, talking about how it made 'them' feel.

I can say with absolute certainty that one of the worst feelings in the world is finding out that someone has been talking about you behind your back. Whether spilling your secrets, spreading a false rumor or just complaining about you.

First i was embarrassed, I felt confused, then furiously angry because they were talking behind my back (spreading a false rumor about me), literally. It upset me and constantly replayed in my head.

I find it flattering and sad at the same time. Flattering that someone finds me interesting enough to make up a story about me, and sad that I’m so boring someone has to make up a story about me.

The best solution for me is, be a better person and just 'let it go'. If i were to confront them, it would only give them something to talk about. I have nothing to prove. So did they. Let that gossiper feel better about herself by 'spreading a false rumor about me' so they can then go back to their 'life' after done gossiping.


“News told, rumors heard, truth implied, facts buried.” 


The Prophet Muhammad once asked his followers, “Do you know what backbiting is?” They said, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” He continued, “Saying something about your brother that he dislikes.” Someone then asked, “What if what I say about my brother is true?” The Prophet Muhammad responded: “If what you say is true then you have backbitten about him, and if it is not true, then you have slandered him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment